Sunday, January 18, 2015

12-Week Get Healthy Challenge Week 3- Get Moving

Hi Everyone! How did you go adding in produce to your breakfasts for week 2 of the challenge? I didn't find it too hard as having fruit with breakfast is just something that I tend to do anyway. If you feel like you have the water tracking and having produce with your breakfast pretty on track, then it it time to add another step into your path to healthy living.

Get moving.

It seems so obvious, but making time to get out and be active can be really hard. I know that coming home from work, especially with the heat at the moment, finding the motivation to do something active can be a bit of a struggle.

This 12-week challenge is all about making small, achievable changes, so I'm not going to tell you that this week you have to get out for a run 5 times. Instead I'm asking you to add a walk to your weekly routine.



Yes, just a walk.

If you are already doing something active 4-5 times per week then congratulations, just keep doing what you're doing. For everyone else (myself included) add in a walk to whatever else it is that you do in your week.

Why a walk? Well if you are pretty unfit and the thought of getting fit seems pretty daunting, walking is a great way to ease you into it. Heading out for a 15-20 minute walk is also something that everyone can fit into their week, no excuses!

So here are some tips to help you fit that walk in this week:
1. Schedule time in. Making time for exercise is all about making time for yourself. When you are planning out what you have to do for the week, plan in a 20 minute slot to fit a walk in.
2. Use your lunch time wisely. If you have a reasonable block for lunch (say an hour), use half of it for exercise and the other half for eating.
3. Get yourself an exercise buddy. Planning to go out with someone makes it a lot harder to back out last minute, and I find walking really enjoyable when I have someone to chat with.
4. Download an audio book. I haven't tried this myself, but I have heard that this is a great way to motivate you to walk further as you can get lost in your book.

So get out there and get moving! I will keep you posted on when I get out and let me know how you go!

This will be the view that I will enjoy when I head out for my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...