Monday, October 14, 2013

Recipe List- DIY to gorgeous

This week I'm going to do something a little different. I am on study leave at the moment, so initially I had thought that I might do some sort of study theme.... but really that was a little bit boring for me. So I started thinking about my habits when I study.

I like to use my study time for more than just study. While I am sitting round quietly at home it also is a great excuse to do all of those at home beauty treatments that I rarely find time for during the semester. Think face masks, hair masks and softening foot spas. What a better way to ace exams and start looking gorgeous for summer!!

So let's get into it

Oh and NB. These may not work so well if you study in the library.



Giving yourself a foot spa simply requires sitting around for 20-30 minutes. Since I am doing this already. This Listerine foot bath is the most amazing thing for getting rid of horrible dry, cracked skin.

The stress of this semester seems to be showing on everything, even my hair, so this banana milkshake hair mask looks like it would give it some much needed TLC.

Bananas and honey look pretty awesome at moisturising everything, they are even used in this foot mask, just in case the Listerine foot bath isn't quite enough.

And finally, my favourite, face masks!! I don't tend to bother buying face masks as they are so easy to make at home. This parsley face mask looks really interesting!!

And finally, I thought that I would share my favourite face mask. In a small bowl gently heat 1 Tbsp honey and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar until runny. Add 1 tsp baking soda. The mixture will foam up. Massage the foamy mixture into your skin for a minute or so. Leave on for around 1 hour (or less if you only have a short amount of time) then wash off with warm water.

What is your favouite DIY home beauty treatment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...