Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Three ingredient power bars



I will keep this post short and sweet like this recipe...

I always get quite excited when I find a perfect snack like this. Quick and easy to make, filling, delicious and satisfies my sweet tooth. Oh and it's also gluten and dairy free. It can't really get much better.

I like to make a batch of these up and keep them ready and waiting in the fridge. Then throughout the week when I'm running out the door without a snack/breakfast or when I need a snack that is compact yet filling for travelling I can grab one.

I have tried lots of different types and flavours of power balls and bars, but I liked this one as it only uses 3 ingredients, all of which are cheap and easily available. Once you have made them a couple of times, have some fun playing around with the ingredients. Mix up the fruit, nuts or add some new ingredients.

Have fun playing

Ingredients
1 cup peanuts
1 cup dried dates
1/2 cup dessicated coconut

Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes then drain

In a food processor, process the peanuts until they are a fine crumb. Add the drained dates and the coconut. Process for 3-4 minutes or until the dates are fully broken up and everything is binding nicely. You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.

For into around 6 bars with your hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...