Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recipe List 16.09.13- Loving Lamb

I'm back!! After a crazy week last week I think that I am almost fully back on track. So to update, I didn't get one of the scholarships that I interviewed for :(, but I did manage to get a mention in all of my songs except one in the singing competitions and won $125 :). I am still waiting to hear back from the scholarship that I flew up to Auckland for, but I'm not going to get my hopes up as I think that I had some pretty tough competition for it. I will have a little post about my trip to Auckland later in the week.

And now back on to the topic of food. Hungry Male's cousin works for Silver Fern Farm's a New Zealand meat producer and I was able to buy some cheap lamb through her. The only issue now is that I'm am not entirely sure what to do with it. Even though there is something like 8 sheep for every person in New Zealand, lamb is priced waaaaaay out of my student budget. We also didn't really eat it much as a family when I was a bit younger as my vegetarian sister had a pet sheep and we would have never heard the end of it. Well sorry Rammstein, but your folk are awfully tasty.

I thought that with this week's recipe list, I would search the internet for some yummy ways to use my lamb.



The first cut that I have is some lamb stir-fry strips. I love balsamic vinegar, so I really like the look of this balsamic lamb stir-fry. It also looks really quick and easy to make which is a bonus.

There is some rogue bok-choy growing in my garden at the moment, so this ginger and honey lamb stir-fry would be a fantastic way to use it.


The next cut I have are some small, boneless leg roasts. Of course one way to use them is to do a delicious lamb roast like this one from Jamie Oliver.

If I want to get a little bit fancier, this rolled spinach and feta lamb roast would make a great meal. Very greek too!

I have found a couple of salads that would work either with the strips or the roast. This anglo-asian lamb salad from Nigella looks amazing (as all Nigella recipes do) or this Italian lamb salad looks like a great substantial salad for a lighter meal with some toasted bread.

Woohoo! I am no longer at a loss with what to do with my lamb. I am looking forward to a delicious couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...