Monday, September 2, 2013

Recipe List 2/09/13- Work/School/Uni lunches

Aaaaargh!! It's September!! What happened to the last 8 months of the year???

Right, I've had my modest freak out now on to some food.....

I just realised that I forgot to post a recipe up for you last week! I had all of these grand plans and like August, I really can't figure out where all my time went. Oh well, I will definitely get one up for you this week. In the mean time, I thought I would share with you some lunch ideas. Since last week was make-at-home lunches, I thought that since I am back at uni this week I would share some more portable ideas.




Quesadillas are perfect to take all made and ready just to throw into a sandwich press if you have one available, or still delicious cold. They are also much more forgiving to my gluten free tortilla trials, which so far won't roll up. This chicken and pepperoni quesadilla uses delicious pizza flavours. What's not to like?

I have this handy wee plastic cutlery kit that you can click together and one of the components is chopsticks. I would be tempted to eat this banana sushi with chopsticks, although I may look a little eccentric doing so.

I have been meaning to make coconut butter, and the icing for this donut socca would be a good use for some. I will warn you that not everyone is a fan of the flavour of chickpea flour, especially with sweet things, so maybe try a savoury socca first. (NB: Socca is kind of like this delicious, moist flatbread).

Chicken salad is delicious on its own, or put into a tortilla or pita bread. This one looks nice and light, perfect for the spring weather we are getting (and I suppose that it actually is spring now being September).

And finally, I am always looking for some good sandwich filling ideas, so this smashed chickpea sandwich looks like an interesting change. I pretty much always keep a tin of chickpeas in the cupboard so I won't need to go and buy anything else.

I hope you all have a good week at uni, work, school or whatever you get up to.

What are you favourite portable lunches??


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...