Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Apple and Blue Cheese Chicken



So much has happened in the last few days since I posted!! I got through to second stage interview for an honours year scholarship and job with L'Oreal, so next week I am flying up to Auckland and back. This is such a huge privilege and I am so excited about it, but it does mean that what was going to be a busy week next week has now just gotten crazy.

I have had to move a mid-semester test forward a day, as it was scheduled for the day I will be in Auckland. I have singing competitions on Thursday and Friday to prepare for, normal assignments to be working on and now I also have to prepare a presentation for L'Oreal. Aaaargh!!

My plan to reduce some of my stress next week is to have super simple meals. I mean like throw everything into a pan and heat for 10 minutes kinda meals. I will also try to do as much food prep as I can on Sunday.

While I will try to at least get one blog post up, you will understand why I haven't if it all gets too busy.

In the mean time enjoy this recipe for some chicken. I haven't shared a svaoury recipe with you for a while, so when I was inspired by some leftovers, I thought that I would share it with you. Cheese and fruit seem to pretty much always make a great pairing and blue cheese and apple together are no different. When you pair the sweetness of the fruit and the saltiness of the cheese with the chicken, you have something pretty magic going on.

Serves 2

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 apple, peeled and cored
1/4 cup finely cubed blue cheese
1/4 cup apple juice

Place the chicken between two sheets of plastic food wrap. Using a rolling pin or something heavy, bash the chicken to flatten it out.

Finally chop the apple and mix it in a bowl with the blue cheese. Evenly spread the apple and cheese mix over the chicken.

Gently roll up the chicken and secure with a couple of toothpicks. Place in an oven-proof baking dish and pour over the apple juice. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear or cut into the thickest part).

Remove the toothpicks and slice the chicken to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...