Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Crispy Topped Beef and Ale Casserole


I know that I shouldn't be wishing days of my life away as this year is already going far too quickly, but I just can't help it!!

At the moment I am counting down the days until I head across the ditch to Australia and I am so excited. In just over a week (all going well) I will be enjoying sunshine, good shopping and lots of fun times with hungry male and his family.

While I don't think that I will be able to post recipes for 2 weeks or so, I will try to make sure that I photo as many of my fantastic meals that I can!

Anyway, while I count down the days, here is a recipe that you can be making. This meal was so simple, yet nice and comforting. I always love slow cooker meals and this one is no exception!

Ingredients
1kg casserole beef
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper
1 red onion
2 carrots
1 400g tin tomato passata
1 330ml bottle ale
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 baguette
1/2 cup grated cheese

1.Cut the casserole beef into 2cm cubes.
2. Place is a plastic bag with the flour, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Add to the bowl of the slow cooker, along with finely diced red onion and diced carrot.
4. Pour over the passata and ale and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
5. Once cooked, place the casserole in a large oven dish.
6. Slice the baguette about 2cm thick and arrange on top of the casserole.
7. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake at 180 degrees C. for around 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...