Sunday, March 17, 2013

Veggie Challenge Update

My first week of my veggie challenge went great!! I do really think that it inspired me to be more creative with my vegetables and it also meant that I wasn't left with a pile of sad looking vegetables at the end of the week.

For those that didn't read my post about this, my aim was to use 2 vegetables and make 4 things out of them. This week my vegetables were broccoli and cauliflower. Both of these vegetables are quite cheap at the supermarkets at the moment and I thought it would be good to have a play around with them. Usually I run out of energy and/or inspiration and just steam them, which is fine, but gets a bit boring.


 Sorry about the terrible picture for this one!! The first recipe that I made was broccoli and cauliflower stir-fried with garlic and ginger. This was ok, but lacked a little bit of flavour so next time I think I would add some sweet chilli










My second recipe was delicious! I lightly steamed some broccoli and then made a dressing with mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar and honey.












For my 3rd and 4th options I went with some tried and true options. On the left is roasted cauliflower. It is as easy as spraying the cauli with some oil, sprinkling over some cumin and then popping it in the oven. Simple and delicious!

The one on the rice is broccoli and cauliflower with a parmesan white sauce. I love parmesan so this was delicous, but I want to play around with the cheese in the white sauce. I'm thinking blue cheese or even maybe feta would go nicely.

I started off with 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower and still have half a head left so I think I will make this Baked Potato Soup. The broccoli is all gone.

This week the 2 vegetables that I have chosen are tomato and zuchinni. Both are very cheap at the moment being the end of summer/beginning of autumn, and they are both vegetables I am not usually very inventive with.

Check in this time next week to see what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...