Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Valentine's Post- Chocolate Brownie Bites
Here is a cute wee bite-sized valentine's treat to share with a special person, your family, or just to give yourself some love.
As a couple, hungry male and I don't tend to do anything for Valentines, but to not miss out on the spirit of the event I like to make something Valentines inspired. Last year I made these Double Berry Cupcakes. Since I have been working quite a lot recently, I decided that something chocolately was needed. I looked at a couple of different brownie recipes and came up with this one that is delicious, but not too sinful.
60 grams plain flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
120g butter, melted
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup coconut
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the first 4 ingerdients.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, sugars, vanilla essence and eggs.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in the wet ones until combined.
4. Pour mixture into a greased slice pan, approx 20x 30 cm, and sprinkle with the coconut
5. Bake at 180 degrees C. until just cooked. About 10 minutes.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes, then use a shaped cutter of your choice to cut out bites.