Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plum and Brie Toasted Sandwich


I can't believe how fast 2013 is going by!! I have been working for most of January and February and I will be going back to uni next week. Due to adjusting to full time work, I haven't had quite as much time to do all the cooking and food preparation that uni allows for. As a result, I'm either running quite low on things I like to make and keep stocked, or I've run out completely!!

Since the first week of uni is generally a bit quieter, I have come up with a list of things I want to make:

  • Homemade Muesli- Gourmet muesli is very very expensive!! Its just not something that is realistic for me to buy as a student. While I don't mind supermarket mueslis, I really like to make my own as its simple and I can put in it whatever I want.
  • Homemade peanut butter- I love, love, love peanut butter! I also do like the store bought stuff, but I have fun playing with new flavours for peanut butter.
  • Breakfast bakes- I want to make a heap of these to freeze for an easy breakfast on rush mornings. They also make a fantastic snack.
  • Energy Balls- Haven't decided what type yet, I just like to have them for snacks.
  • Muffins- Some sort of muffins for both hungry male and I. I will probably make 2 batches and freeze some.
  • Hot Cross Buns- Since easter is coming, I need to jump on the bandwagon.
So as you can see I am going to be busy!! If anyone has any recipes that may help me with any of these, please send or link me to them!

Todays recipe is a nice and easy, but slightly sophisticated lunch recipe that I have been doing for my lunches.

Ingredients
2 thick slices of bread
Margarine or butter
1 small plum, sliced thin
4 thin slices of brie cheese

1. Spread margarine on the outer sides of the bread.
2. Layer the plum slices and the brie on one piece of bread.
3. Top with the other slice and either toast in a sandwich press or in a pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...