Monday, February 4, 2013

Creamy Sausage Pasta


Last week in Dunedin we had the most beautiful weather! I was hot and sunny every day and on Friday we made the most of the long evenings by going out wakeboarding. It was for that reason that I had planned to share with you a nice summery recipe.

Well a new week and a new set of weather. It is now cold, windy and raining. So the summery recipe has been shelved and instead I am sharing a nice warm, comforting meal.

I usually have sausages in my freezer, but we don't tend to eat them just as plain sausages around here. Sometimes I feel a bit silly for buying them when I can't think of ways to use them, but as someone on a limited budget, there always seems to be some sort of sausages at a good price, even the good quality one. Therefore I am always on the lookout for good recipes and this one in a Recipes + magazine caught my eye.

This is a perfect meal a) for those on a limited budget and b) with limited time. Thanks to using pasta and sausages, it was nice and cheap to make and it can't have taken me more than 20 minutes to make, even with me getting distracted by Game of Thrones in the background.

So for all of those sharing colder weather with me, enjoy!

Ingredients
6 good quality sausages
1x 400g tin condensed tomato soup
1 cup water
1 chicken stock cube
500g dried pasta
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup grated cheese

1. Heat a pan over a medium-high heat.
2. Squeeze the sausages out of their casings into the pan.
3. Cook, breaking up the sausage as you go until golden.
4. Add the tomato soup, water and stock cube and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick.
5. In the meantime cook the pasta according to packet instructions. In the last 2 minutes add the peas.
6. Mix together the pasta, sausage mix, evaporated milk and cheese.
7. Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...