Saturday, December 22, 2012
Cookie Dough Truffles
When I was younger (and to be honest this is still true), the best part of making chocolate chip cookies was getting to eat the cookie dough as you went. That's what makes these truffles so great! It is just like eating delicious balls of cookie dough.
I know that you aren't really supposed to eat raw cookie dough due to the danger of from the raw egg, however since these are eggless you don't have to worry about that. I made these truffles as gifts for my friends and so far they have gone down a treat!
115g butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Dark chocolate to coat
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and the sugar has nearly dissolved.
2. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
3. Add the flour and salt and mix on a low speed until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Freeze the mixture for 1-2 hours to firm up.
6. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
7. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and using a fork, roll in the chocolate to coat.
8. Place on baking paper and leave for around 1 hour to set.
9. Store in the fridge