Thursday, December 20, 2012
Fat Pants Slice
Since my last post was for a healthier Christmas treat, today's recipe balances that out... its called Fat Pants Slice for a reason. The reason is because this slice is just so darn gooey and delicious, you will need your fat pants after consuming a lot of it and this recipe makes a lot!
This slice consists of three layers. Soft chocolate cookie (yum), oreos (yum) and chocolate brownie (yum), which altogether form this drool worthy insanity of yummy-ness that is this slice.
Get those fat pants out...
From Betcha Can't Eat Just One
225g unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips or drops
1 pack oreos
1 chocolate brownie or mud cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan (told you it made heaps).
2. Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Sift in the flour baking powder and salt and continue to beat on a slow speed until well combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Evenly press into the base of the pan.
8. Place the oreos in a single layer on top of the cookie dough.
9. Make the brownie or chocolate cake mix according to the packet instructions (if using a mixture don't bother to wash the bowl just make sure it is scraped out).
10. Pour the brownie mix on top of the oreos.
11. Bake for around 40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes.
12. Once cool cut into squares.
(If you want to be hugely indulgent, serve warm with icecream)