Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mallow Pops


I had my 21st party last weekend and since I am such a food freak, we chose to make the food for it ourselves (Mum, Grandma and I). These mallow pops were one of my contributions along with lots and lots of cupcakes!!!

Since exams I seem to be having the worst memory problems and I now cannot remember whether the idea for these just randomly popped into my head, or whether I saw something similar on Pinterest. Either way I know that using the oreos was my own idea, so I shouldn't be stealing someone elses recipe.

These make a fabulous bite-sized treat and look really great on a platter. I will definitely be taking these to my next bring a plate party.

Ingredients
100 marshmallows
100 cocktail sticks
1 sleeve oreos
1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate buttons

1. Line a baking tray or bench with baking paper.
2. Skewer the marshmallows with the cocktail sticks so that they can stand on their own.
3. Place the oreos in a food processor and whiz until fine.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each 30 seconds.
5. Dip the marshmallows in the chocolate, shaking off any excess.
6. Roll the marshmallows in the oreo crumbs, then place on the baking paper.
7. Let set for 10 minutes and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...