Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grilled peach and walnut pancakes



Don't get me wrong, I really love my Perfect Pancakes recipe, but they do have one downside. They are perfect if I plan to have pancakes the night before, however they don't really work for those spontaneous mornings when I decide that I just must have pancakes for breakfast.

When I found this recipe for pancakes from Budget Gourmet Mom I practically hard a wee song and dance. It essentially has the same ingredients (i.e. nice fluffly pancakes with some added benefit from the oats) but I can make them anytime that I want them. The first time that I made these I followed the recipe to the letter with bananas and all. The next time I had no bananas but decided that I would see whether the recipe would still work without them and it surely does.

I tend to have 2 leftover pancakes from the weekend breakfasts, so the other morning, I thought that I would have a quick and easy breakfast by reviving these pancakes. I did this with some grilled peach, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup, mmmmmm.

(p.s. I love Instagram on my new phone! Doesn't the photo look great!)

Serves 4

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup cooked rolled oats (make according to packet)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour

2 large peaches sliced, or 1 tin peaches drained
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Maple syrup to serve

1. In a bowl combine the eggs, milk and oil.
2. Add the sugar and beat well to combine.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl (let the oats cool a little first) and stir until combined.
4. Heat a pan over a medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
5. Place 1/3 cup of mixture into the pan.
6. When the pancake has lots of bubbles on top and is beginning to brown on the bottom, flip.
7. Cook for about 1 minute more or until cooked through and golden.
8. Keep warm while making the rest.
9. Spray the pan a little more then add the peaches.
10. Cook until they start to go golden and caramelise.
11. Serve pancakes with peaches, walnuts and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...