Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chilli Peach and Pork Burgers



Hungry male can be quite the fussy eater (I sometimes think that I would have more luck feeding a food critic). The problem is that this sometimes interferes with my creative food-ness. I want to try interesting new foods, whereas he would rather stick with the tried and true. It is for this reason that when I find a meal that lets me be creative and that hungry male will actually eat, its a keeper!

This is one of those recipes. I had some sausages in the freezer that I wanted to use up, so I initially thought that I would make some kind of rissoles. I also knew that especially for hungry male they would need some kind of sauce. On my walk home from uni, scheming up some ideas, I decided that I would try to make some kind of burgers... Half an hour later these beauties came out.

Ingredients
4 hamburger buns
500g quality pork sausages
1 medium carrot grated
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper

200g tinned peaches, chopped (1/2 tin)
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/4 cup water

Lettuce, tomato, mayo etc. to serve

1. With a sharp knife, make a slit along the length of each sausage.
2. Hold the sausage under cold running water and peel of the skin (throw out skin).
3. Place sausage meat in a bowl with grated carrot, rolled oats, paprika and salt and pepper.
4. Mix well.
5. With wet hands shape into 4 patties.
6. Place on a grill or pan over a medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes each side.
7. To make the sauce, place the peaches, sweet chilli sauce and water in a flat pan over a high heat.
8. Boil rapidly until it has reduced to a sticky, syrupy sauce.
9. Serve the patties in the buns with mayonnaise, sauce and any other burger extras that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...