Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Banoffee Cheescake Parfaits


More Banoffee?! Think of this recipe as being a companion recipe to my previous post, Banoffee Cupcakes. After making these cupcakes, I still had half a tin of condensed milk caramel and some bananas left over. When I needed something to take to my parents dessert, the idea of cheesecake came into my mind, but I didn't really have time to make a full-blown cheesecake.

Leaving my mind to plot away on the subject of food a little longer, the idea of parfaits popped into my head. Parfaits tend to be quick, easy and delicious. Hmm... why not a cheesecake inspired parfait? Layering up some biscuit crumbs, some caramel, banana and a cheesecake mixture I was drooling!

These parfaits also have the benefit of being a little bit lighter than a cheesecake too. This is thanks to some low fat cream cheese  and low fat yoghurt

Ingredients
6 large, plain biscuits
1/2 tin condensed milk caramel
2 bananas
250g lite, spreadable cream cheese
300g low fat vanilla yoghurt
2 Tbsp icing sugar OR 2 drops liquid stevia

1. In a food processor, whizz the biscuits to make crumbs.
2. Slice the banana into small rounds.
3. Place the condensed milk caramel in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and stir till smooth.
4. In a large bowl, with and electric beater or whisk, whip together the cream cheese, yoghurt and sugar/stevia.
5. Taste and add a little more sugar if necessary.
6. In medium glasses, layer in the following order: a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture, the biscuit crumbs, caramel and then the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
7. Chill for an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...