Monday, June 4, 2012
Happy Birthday Blog- I made you cupcakes
Wow!! I can't believe that it is a year today since my first blog post! Here are some figures after a year:
-100 posts (Including this one)
- 4 followers
- 8162 page views
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who reads my blog posts and I hop I have provided some good food moments for you.
Since cupcakes are the birthday thing for me at the moment, here is another cupcake recipe, Devil's Food Cake Cupcakes...mmmmm. The pictured cupcakes were actually made with a coffee icing to make them more like mocha cupcakes, but since I already have a recipe for those on the blog, I have provided the recipe for chocolate icing. This chocolate icing is a spreading icing, not a piping one, but if you want pretty piped icing, substitute in your favourite chocolate icing recipe.
50g butter or margarine
115g brown sugar
2 large eggs
115g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
25g cocoa powder
125ml sour cream
125g dark chocolate
2 Tbsp caster sugar
150ml sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
2. Line 18 cupcake tin holes with liners.
3. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until just smooth.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in the sour cream.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases until almost full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to touch.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. To make the icing, break the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl.
9. In the microwave, gently melt the chocolate, checking after every 20-30 seconds.
10. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the sugar and sour cream until combined.
11. Spread the icing over the tops of the cupcakes and leave to set in the refrigerator.
12. If you want to, serve topped with chocolate curls, made by shaving chocolate with a vegetable peeler.