Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WIAW #6- Last week of veggies month

This week is the last week of Love your Veggies month over at Peas and Crayons. Thank you Jenn for making What I Ate Wednesday more fun and challenging. Next month looks even more exciting....



Anyway for this last week of Love Your Veggies month I would say that I had a bigger fruit than vegetable day. It is the end of summer here in New Zealand so I have to make the most of the beautiful stone fruit!

Yesterday I decided to start my day off by going to the gym with a friend. My pre-gym snack was a cup of hot water and lemon and a plum just to keep the hunger pains away until I came home for these babies...
Pancakes made with a combination of oat flour and regular flour and then topped with a delicious peanut butter sauce. My first recipe of the day from my 200 list. I then sat in bed and watched Amelie with my flat mate. I really love that movie. Before I knew it it was lunch time.

Lunch was slightly more vegeful. I had 2 pieces of rye toast, one topped with avocado, tomato and cheese and the other topped with cottage cheese, apple slices and raisins.

I also had a beautiful nectarine with lunch.

My afternoon snack was a couple of rice crackers topped with cream cheese and some sliced peach. While this was delicious, it wasn't quite filling enough so I also had a piece of bread with some peanut butter on it.

Dinner definitely involved some vegetables as it always does for me. Dinner was some slow cooker roast pork with some roast potato, kumara and carrot and some spiced peaches on the side. Yum!

And to wrap up my day I had more fruit in the form of apple whirlgig. This is essentially cooked apples sweetened with some jam with some wee scone-like swirls cooked on top. I served this with a small scoop of lemon cheesecake icecream as it is so amazing! The second recipe from my 200 list.

There was also a little bit of chocolate involved after dessert. What would life be without chocolate?

So that was my day of eats. Possibly not very inspiring but very yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I miss nectarines. They're not in season right now and I want one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...