Friday, February 24, 2012

Creamy Vanilla Porridge with Caramelised Nectarines


3 posts in 3 days! I think that might be a record for me but I seem to be having quite a creative foodie moment and some of these recipes are just too good to keep to myself.

This mornings breakfast I do believe was a particularly inspired recipes. Where did it come from?? Somewhere in the depths of my brain the combinations of a creamy vanilla porridge topped with sweet summer stone fruit merged together. Pair that with a pretty dark and miserable kind of morning and this breakfast came to life.

I used a nectarine as it was the fruit that was sitting at the top of my fruit bowl but this would also work really nicely with peaches. I also think that it would be very tasty with pear to. Pears are just starting to come back into season so I definitely will have to try this combination

Ingredients
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
Pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 nectarine, halved (This proved slightly tricky)
1 tsp butter
1tsp honey
2 Tbsp fruit juice

1. In a pot combine the oats, water, milk, salt and vanilla.
2. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the liquid has absorbed, stirring often.
3. Meanwhile, in another pan melt the butter and honey over a medium-high heat.
4. Place the nectarines cut side down on to the pan.
5. Leave it for around 5 minutes or until the nectarine has begun to become golden.
6. Remove the nectarine from the pan and then deglaze the pan with the juice.
7. In a bowl put the porridge, top with the nectarine and then drizzle with the juice mixture.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...