Monday, February 13, 2012

WIAW #4- Almost sugar-free




Welcome to another week of a vegetable-full What I Ate Wednesday. This week we have a Valentine's Day Tuesday addition. What's more, we have a practically sugar-free day. So here goes...

Breakfast was a breakfast toasted sandwich with peanut butter, cinnamon, raisins and a sliced peach. This combo was really great! I know it is Love Your Veggies month but apart from maybe spinach and tomato I can't really deal with veggies. I think I'll stick with delicious fruit combos like this. Breakfast was had with a green tea.

My morning snack was some leftover homemade chicken, cranberry and brie pizza from last night. This had fruit and veg in the form of tomato, pineapple and capsicum on it. Chicken, cranberry and brie would definitely be one of my favourite pizza toppings.

Even though it's technically summer, today was a grey cold day so I felt like something in the way of comfort food. Therefore, lunch was homemade potato wedges topped with chilli beans, some cream cheese and grated cheese, with a dollop of mashed avocado on the top. This was so good and so filling!! (Veggies in the form of potato and avocado). To finish off lunch I had a coffee to give me a wee caffine boost before I started to study.

After around 2 hours of study I was feeling a bit drained and peckish so I had some celery sticks with babaganoush hummus and a sliced apple with peanut butter. (More veggies in there).
I also couldn't resist one of the double berry Valentine's cupcakes that I made yesterday. This was my wee sugar fix for the day. Not bad really.

Tea was delicious and vege-ful. I made a lasagne as it is one of hungry males favourite and he had been working a 14 hour day. This was served with a green salad and some steamed broccoli.

Finally I finished off my eating day with Katie's delicious Jelly Roll!! Ok so mine didn't exactly roll, but it was still amazing. Thanks to the stevia in the roll part the only sugar in this was from the small amount of jam I used. This was so good that I very nearly gobbled up hungry male's one too, but I did manage to restrain myself.

So there is my very delicious and surprisingly low sugar day.

12 comments:

  1. ah! i was eying that jelly roll! always great to see when a real live person makes it. looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome eats! Those cupcakes look super delicious.. I want one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now posted the cupcake recipe. They were really easy!

      Delete
  3. The dish with potatoes and beans sounds like such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cranberry an Brie Pizza?!?! That sounds so crazy I want to try it!! Does it taste more like dessert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really its a really popular combo here in New Zealand. I suppose its kind of like the Turkey cranberry sauce type of thing. It is definitely worth a try though!

      Delete
  5. Yum, that pizza looks amazing. What a great combo of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your meals look yummy, your breakfast look delicious I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who could resist those cupcakes! they look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I love your breakfast, want one cupcake, and am dying for that jelly roll!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...