Monday, February 13, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons

Most of you will know the quote
          "When life gives you lemons make lemonade".
Now this saying normally refers to bad events, but this week I'm going a little more literal. You see my fridge/freezer/cupboard are all getting a little to full so I thought that this week I would pick out some key items to make "lemonade" with them. This is a great way to save some money on my food bill and to clear out some space. So here are some of my ideas.

In my freezer there were some fish fillets and in the fridge some filo pastry that needs used up. I think that I will make some filo parcels out of these. Hungry male isn't a fan but I'm sure that they will make some tasty lunches.

1/2 a jar of cranberry sauce. Along with some leftover roast chicken that I have this will make an awesome Chicken Cranberry and Brie pizza.

Although you can't really see it this is some chopped up and frozen rhubarb. There are so many ideas that I have for this my top two being Rhubarb Porridge and Apple and Rhubarb Custard Muffins. I might also just stew some of this to have with yoghurt and honey as a snack.

One lonely wholegrain tortilla. I'm pretty sure that I will make something along the lines of this Banana Date Dog.

Finally some red lentils. These I plan to turn into this tasty looking Slow Cooker Lentil Chilli.

So now I have a challenge for you. I want you to search into you fridge, freezer or cupboard to find a key ingredient that has been lurking there for a while. Once found, I want you to come up with a tasty idea to use it up like I have just shown you. 

Oh and p.s. let me know what you do in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...