Thursday, February 16, 2012

Double Berry Cupcakes


Since the cupcakes that I made for valentine's day got so much attention on my WIAW post I thought that I would share the recipe with you today. I got the base of this recipe from High Tea with Dragons. Now initially I did have visions of cupcakes with beautiful piped, swirled icing like Kirsten's. However when it came to make the icing it turned out that I had used the rest of my butter in the cupcakes themselves. Therefore I ended up using some berry flavoured icing sugar and water to make a thick icing. While this icing worked to cover the cupcakes, it would not hold a piped shaped.

While they may not look as professional as I hoped they still looked pretty darn cute and they taste even better. I made some white chocolate hearts on top in some chocolate mould for a valentine's feel but these would look just as cute with a white chocolate button on top.

(Recipe made mini muffin sized cupcakes)

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup berries (I used frozen mixed berries, defrosted)

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together before adding to the butter/sugar mixture.
5. In a separate bowl crush the berries.
6. Mix the berries into the other mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into cupcake cases.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Ice with an icing of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...