Thursday, February 2, 2012

Raisin Oatmeal Cookie


This was the recipe that I made last week from my 200 list. I thought it was about time to make some cookies for lunches etc. and making them is generally cheaper than buying them. I also like that I know exactly what has gone into them. These cookies are full of oats and raisins with a nice hint of ginger. If you can't stand ginger I would try using cinnamon instead.

This recipe came from the same book as My Beautiful Cakes. This recipe book is definitely a keeper as everything that I make from it turns out perfectly!

Ingredients
175g plain flour
150g rolled oats
1 tsp ground ginger (or cinnamon)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
125g brown sugar
50g raisins
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
150ml vegetable oil
4 Tbsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. and lightly oil a baking tray.
2. Mix together the flour, oats, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and raisins in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together the egg, oil and milk.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
5. Mix together well to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough well apart on the baking tray.
7. Flatten the tops down slightly with a fork.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. These cookies look awesome! I'm a big fan of oatmeal and raisins so this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...