Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WIAW #2 + I have a question for you

 Hello again! I am back with a second week of What I ate Wednesday. I was really happy with how many people read last weeks post and I even got my first comment! 


Anyway here we go...


The first thing that I did this morning was have a cup of hot water with lemon. I find that its a nice way to wake up and it also helped to suppress my hunger for a little bit as I had to drop my boyfriend off at work. When I did get home I made myself a Peanut Butter and Banana smoothie. This is probably one of my favourite smoothies as it goes nice and thick and you can eat it with a spoon. Really a cross between a smoothie and icecream, mmm.


In it was a frozen banana, some peanut butter and some milk and I topped it with some raisins and some peanuts.

I didn't really get hungry for the rest of the morning so I didn't eat anything except a small handful of unpictured grapes that I had just eaten. I've been seeing a lot of people freezing grapes for snacks so I thought that since its summer (Although you wouldn't know it today), I would freeze some.

By lunch time I was quite hungry so I heated up a baked potato with Louisiana beans and cheese that I had made earlier in the week. I had this with a tomato and avocado. Perhaps its because I havn't eaten avocado in a while but it just seemed to taste really good in the salad. Avocados are so cheap at the moment so I can definitely afford to buy them on my student budget.

I then made myself a coffee to have on my walk into uni. There are a lot of coffee shops on my way into uni so having one in my hand stops me from buying one. 


This morning I made banana bread to use up some overripe bananas I had. I love love love banana bread so it was definitely a part of my afternoon snack. Lucky for me my sugar free day was yesterday, otherwise this banana bread may have made me cheat.


I had my banana bread with a peach and a nectarine. Summer stone fruit is some of my favourite fruit.


The boyfriend was on tea tonight so he made Chicken burritos yum! Some chicken cooked in mexican spices served on a wholemeal tortilla with salad and salsa.


I also had a handful of oven fries on the side. The fries were to help fill up hungry male but i like them too :).


To finish my day off I had some chocolate and a biscuit. They were eaten too quickly to be photographed.


So now I have a question for you
What is your favourite summer snack?
I'm going to give the frozen grapes a try but I'm always open to new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. love a baked potato and beans! great combination and a great way to add protein!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...