Monday, November 14, 2011
I came up with this recipe after a request from my sister. She told me that she had had a really great stuffed potato at a cafe that had spinach and feta in it and wanted me to try to recreate something similar. I was up to the challenge and this was the result. Stuffed potatoes are a good easy meal and you can make multiple ones at once to put in the fridge to reheat at work or school or for when you can't be bothered cooking.
For 1 potato
1 medium floury potato
2 tsp favourite chutney
1 Tbsp crumbled feta
1 Tbsp cottage cheese
1 large sundried tomato, finely chopped
Small handful baby spinach, shredded
2 tsp finely chopped red onion (Optional)
1. Prick the potato all over with a fork and bake in the microwave until cooked, or bake in the oven till cooked.
2. Let sit for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
3. Slice just the top off the potato (put to one side to patch any holes later)
4. Scoop out the flesh of the potato from the skin leaving a few mm so the potato doesn't collapse.
5. Mash the flesh and then mix in the other ingredients.
6. Patch any holes in the potato skin if needed.
7. Carefully press the potato mixture back into the skin. When full create a wee pile on the top of the potato with the rest of the mixture.
8. Put into the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through OR Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes depending on the microwave.