Monday, November 7, 2011

Cherry Icecream Pie


Just a wee note before I start the recipe. I'm heading away to Stewart Isalnd for a few days so it will be a wee while before I post again.

Yesterday was my birthday so I thought I would share my birthday dessert. While my birthday was on Monday we went out for family lunch on the Sunday and came home for dessert. Dessert was lemon lamingtons and this Cherry Icecream pie and it was good!! I particularly liked the base. I promise I did still have lots of fun on my actual birthday (even though I had to work). I had my Perfect Pancakes for breakfast topped with Strawberries and I believe that I ate Strawberries for breakfast lunch and tea. I love that Strawberries are a decent price again! Then in the morning I went shopping with grandma and she shouted me morning tea. Safe to say that I was feeling quite the bloated birthday girl :D. I will confess the elasticated pants came out on Sunday night.

Ingredients
1 420g tin cherries, drained
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornflour
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp honey, melted
1 1/2 cups crushed malt biscuits or similar
4 cup low fat vanilla icecream (its softer)

1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer or 2 minutes, until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Cool completely.
4. Combine the butter and honey in a medium bowl.
5. Add the biscuit crumbs and mix until well combined.
6. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 23cm pie dish. Bake at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes then cool completely.
7. Place 1/2 the cooled cherry mixture into a food processor.
8. Add the icecream and process until mixed.
9. Spoon into the cooled crust.
10. Cover with tin foil and freeze for at least 4 hours.
11. Chill the remaining cherry mixture to serve with the pie.
12. To serve: cut into 8-10 slices. Warm the cherry sauce with a little water to thin it and drizzle over the pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...