Friday, February 14, 2014

Watermelon Feta and Avocado Salad


It's one week today until my sister's wedding!! I have had another dress fitting for my bridesmaid's dress and am getting pretty excited now. Unfortunately over night I seem to have come down with a bit of a cold, although better now than next week. So right now I am nursing my cold while watching Pride and Prejudice. I also made myself some homemade electrolyte drink that is all natural and full of Vitamin C. Once I have perfected the mix I might post a recipe up later in the week.

It is also just over a week until uni starts and I get properly stuck into my honours year. I am predicting that I am going to be pretty busy this year, so proper nutrition, exercise and sleep is going to be more important than ever. My goals are lots of water, lots and lots of greens, not too much sugar and in bed by 10.30pm at the latest (but we will see how this goes). The gym at uni is also free for students so I may as well start making the most of it for stress relief.

On to this week's recipe. This was one of those shot in the dark type concotions. I pulled a whole heap of stuff out of the vegetable drawer in the hope of getting some inspiration for a salad and this recipe came to mind. It makes a really refreshing summer salad, with saltiness from the feta and a little sweetness from the dressing. I will definitely be making this again.

Ingredients
3-4 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
1 cup watermelon, chopped
50g feta cheese, roughly chopped or crumbled
1/2 avocado, cubed

1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
Pinch sea salt

In a small bowl of jug whisk the dressing ingredients: Balsamic, olive oil, honey and salt.

On a platter or in a salad bowl, layer half of the salad leaves, watermelon, feta and avocado and pour over half of the dressing. Continue to layer the rest of the salad ingredients and pour over the rest of the dressing.

Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...