Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tropical Green Smoothie



I had a fantastic weekend last weekend at my sister's hens party in Martinborough. We had a delicious lunch of antipasto-type platters, and then picked-up some bike/pedal car type things and went around a couple of wineries doing tastings. And some of the wine was soooo nice!! I was very tempted to buy an apricoty dessert wine that we tried, but at $36 for a 500ml bottle it was a lil pricey for my budget.


Sunday was Mum's birthday so we went out for a light dinner and desserts. For desserts I got chocolate hazelnut churros! Yum! I definitely think that homemade churros need to go on my to-do list. Anyway, as is usual when I am away and relying on restaurants and cafes for food I really missed my fruit and vegetables!! So the first morning that I was back I made myself this smoothie to give myself a great start for the week!

Ingredients
1/2 large banana, chopped
3-4 thick slices mango (frozen is best)
1/4 large avocado or 1/2 small
Large handful baby spinach
1 Tbsp real maple syrup or runny honey
1 cup coconut milk
2-3 ice cubes (optional)

Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds at a time or until the spinach and mango have broken up.

Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...