Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lentil Topped Roast Eggplant



As I suspected my days week and month are rushing by. Not that I am hugely complaining as I can't wait for a long hot summer spent down by the lake. 

In the meantime I am adjusting to working a more regular schedule. While I am actually really enjoying having more of a separation of work and personal life i.e. I don't have to come home at night and study, however, it also means that I don't have random afternoons to spend baking.

Today's recipe is something I made for a work lunch. Growing up we didn't really eat eggplant, but its something I like playing with every so often. I am definitely going to make this recipe again as I loved it!!

Ingredients
1 small eggplant
4 Tbsp cooked, tinned lentils
3 Tbsp crushed tomatoes (I used an indian spiced variation)
approx. 1/4 cup grated cheese

Slice the top off the eggplant and slice in half. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at 180 degrees C. for 15-20 minutes or beginning to soften.

Remove from the oven and top with the lentils, tomatoes and then cheese. Bake for a further 10 minutes or so until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...