Sunday, June 23, 2013

Recipe List 24.06.13

I'm all done with my exams and now everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to get up to with my 2 weeks off. To be honest I don't really have a clue what I want to do. I'm thinking that since the weather is cold and horrible, I might start a knitting project. Another possibility is to just stay warm and catch up on some movies.

There is one thing that I have planned. There are a number of recipes that I have that look quite complicated, so I haven't used the time during the semester to try an make them. Over the next two weeks I'm going to have a go at these projects.


The first thing I am going to try to make are macarons. I had a go making these with my mum about 18 months ago, but they were a little hit and miss, only 1 in 3 batches worked properly. I have looked up several "fool-proof" macaron recipes and I have decided to try this one.



After watching The Great British Bake Off and an episode of Masterchef NZ, I have had the biggest urge to make profiteroles. I already have the profiterole recipe in a Sam Stern recipe book, but I think that I want to fill the profiteroles with creme patisserie. I think I might try this recipe and it will be a good way to use up the egg yolks leftover from the macarons.



Lastly, I think a yeast bread project will be in the mix. This chocolate coconut and pecan braid looks absolutely scrummy!!

Due to all of my baking plans I'm also thinking that I may have to be doing a little bit more exercise to compensate. For this, I love the blogilates videos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...