Friday, July 6, 2012
Cookie #2- A healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie
I like cookies as much as the next person, however cookies tend to involve a bit of sugar. Despite having quite the sweet tooth, sugar and I don't have the best relationship... it gives me migraines if I eat too much.
It is for this reason that I love these cookies, a delicious sweet cookie without the sugar overload. These cookies can either be sugar free or made with a little bit of sugar. These use banana to naturally add sweetness, but if you are not a banana fan (AKA hungry male) these could also be made with apple puree.
Makes 12 cookies
1 large banana (or 1/2 cup apple puree)
1/4 cup peanut butter (You could you a hazelnut spread too)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup plain flour
1 Tbsp stevia powder or 1/4 cup sugar
1. Mash together the banana and nut butter until very creamy.
2. Stir in the vanilla essence.
3. Add the other ingredients and stir well.
4. Scoop tablespoon fulls of mixture on to a baking tray.
5. Bake at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes.
6. Halfway through cooking, flatten the cookies put with the back of a metal spoon.
7. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.