Monday, May 21, 2012

Honey Peanut Pretzel Chicken


On weekday afternoons if I'm home from uni in time, I like to watch Rachael Ray. I find that her recipes are easy and tend to be the sort of things that both hungry male and I like. A few weeks ago, she made a chicken coated in honey roast peanuts and pretzels and I immediately started drooling.

A problem I have when cooking is that I like to experiment and try new things, whereas Hungry Male prefers to stick with tried and true recipes he knows he enjoys. I promised to stick to only one or two experiments a week. This was one of this weeks experiments. Seeing me put the peanuts and pretzels into the food processor I was told "I don't want that." Deciding just to ignore him, I kept going and 15 minutes later, the response was "This chicken is really good"......... Success!! Therefore this recipe is know going to be added to the tried and true list.

Serves 3-4

Ingredients
2 large chicken breasts
1/4 cup honey roast peanuts
100g pretzels
1 egg, lightly beaten
Canola oil

1. Slice the chicken breast into large strips.
2. Place the peanuts and pretzels in the bowl of a processor and process until very fine.
3. Dip the chicken strips in the beaten egg, then coat in the peanut pretzel mixture.
4. In a pan over a medium heat, heat a little oil.
5. Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer and cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil if necessary.
6. Place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
7. Repeat with the remaining chicken.

Serve over mashed kumara(sweet potato) with honey mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...