On weekday afternoons if I'm home from uni in time, I like to watch Rachael Ray. I find that her recipes are easy and tend to be the sort of things that both hungry male and I like. A few weeks ago, she made a chicken coated in honey roast peanuts and pretzels and I immediately started drooling.
A problem I have when cooking is that I like to experiment and try new things, whereas Hungry Male prefers to stick with tried and true recipes he knows he enjoys. I promised to stick to only one or two experiments a week. This was one of this weeks experiments. Seeing me put the peanuts and pretzels into the food processor I was told "I don't want that." Deciding just to ignore him, I kept going and 15 minutes later, the response was "This chicken is really good"......... Success!! Therefore this recipe is know going to be added to the tried and true list.
2 large chicken breasts
1/4 cup honey roast peanuts
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Slice the chicken breast into large strips.
2. Place the peanuts and pretzels in the bowl of a processor and process until very fine.
3. Dip the chicken strips in the beaten egg, then coat in the peanut pretzel mixture.
4. In a pan over a medium heat, heat a little oil.
5. Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer and cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil if necessary.
6. Place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
7. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Serve over mashed kumara(sweet potato) with honey mustard.