Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Donuts


I remember a few months ago telling one of my good friends Victoria that I had got myself some donut pans. She got so excited at the thought that I could actually bake my own donuts so I promised her that one day she could come round and make some with me. Unfortunately we both got so busy with uni and life that it was only today during our easter break that she got the opportunity.

As Victoria is as big a peanut butter fiend as I am I knew that I had to introduce her to Ashley's amazing peanut butter cup donuts. I have made these once before and they turned out perfectly both times. The donuts themselves are fluffy and moist and the icing actually tastes like a peanut butter cup. Yum!!

If you are loving the sound of these but don't have donut pans stop panicking! You can make these in a muffin tin and ice them just the same.



Victoria (left) and I at high school when we both had leads in the school production of Les Miserables. She was Eponine and I was Cosette.

Makes 6 large donuts

Ingredients
1/2 cup oat flour (1/2 cup rolled oats whizzed in a food processor until it becomes flour)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter, melted

1/2 cup chocolate chips or buttons
1 Tbsp peanut butter ( I like to use one with a little bit of salt in it for a more peanut butter cup taste)

1. Sift the flours, baking powder and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, the canola oil, milk and vanilla.
3. Whisk in the peanut butter.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently fold until just combined.
5. Spoon into greased donut or muffin tins.
6. Bake at 180 degrees C. for 15-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean but you don't want the donuts to be too dry.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Melt the chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp peanut butter together in a bowl.
9. Dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the chocolate.
10. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the icing is completely set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...