Sunday, April 29, 2012

Banana Mint Chip Breakfast Shake


Breakfast Shake?? Ok so this is pretty much a smoothie, but doesn't the word shake sound so much better?

I was inspired for this recipe by Leanna over at Healthful Pursuit. A while ago she did some smoothies and one of them was a mint flavoured one. Instead of using a mint essence, she used some cold peppermint tea for flavour. I thought that this sounded like a really interesting idea so I decided to make my own version.

The first time I made this the taste was great, but the colour just didn't portray mint. I had also tried to whizz up some chocolate chips in it, but they just ended up in this wierd pile at the bottom.

This was my second attempt but was much better. To make the shake a beautiful green I added some baby spinach. For those of you who are freaking out right now, please just trust me that you cannot in any way or form taste it in the smoothie. For the chocolate part, I just chose to do some chocolate curls on the top. Much prettier!

Ingredients
1 banana, peeled, chopped and frozen
1/4 cup strong brewed, chilled peppermint tea.
1/4 cup milk of your choice
Handful of baby spinach leaves
Dark chocolate

1. Place everything except the dark chocolate in a blender.
2. Process for 1-2 minutes until everything is blended very well.
3.Take the dark chocolate and with a vegetable peel, peel curls onto the top of the shake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...