Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gingered Up Peanut Butter


Ginger haters don't pass by this recipe just yet, the ginger is optional.

I am back on track with my 200 list. Last week I made some Chickpea and Red Pepper burgers...... but they got eaten before I had a chance to photograph them. Oops! But since I liked them I will most likely make them again and then I can photograph them. This week I plan to make some Oatmeal Raisin cookies.

Anyway, when it was approaching Christmas time I had a wee dilemma when it came to what I could give my Dad. Like me Dad loves peanut butter. He also loves anything Ginger, therefore this concotion was born. Now ginger with peanut butter may sound like an odd combination but trust me it works. For all of you who cringed at the word ginger this recipe also works to make a really nice plain peanut butter, just leave the ginger out.

Ingredients
1 1/2 dry roasted (not salted) peanuts
2 Tbsp canola oil or any neutral oil
1/4 cup crystallised ginger

1. Sterilise a jam jar. I was mine then put it in a hot oven.
2. Place the peanuts and ginger in the bowl of a food processor.
3. Process for around 5 minutes, scraping down the sides every few minutes. The peanuts will break up and become like a paste.
4. Gradually add the oil (either more or less) until the peanut butter becomes a spreadable consistency.
5. Spoon into the sterilised jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...