Tuesday, October 18, 2011

English Breakfast Scones


I don't believe that I will ever meet the Queen, but if I did I might just serve her these scones. They have the nice, slightly crumbly, melt in your mouth texture, with just a hint of tea flavour. These were delicious with butter and jam and would be amazing with a little bit of cream. For the recipe I used my favourite Wholemeal Yoghurt Scone recipe from the Edmonds Cook book and added in some English Breakfast Tea, an idea that I got from this recipe blog.

Ingredients
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp English Breakfast Tea (This was 2 tea bags)
50 g butter or margarine
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk

1. Sift the flours, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl, returning the husks left in the sifter to the flour in the bowl. Stir in the tea.
2. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Mix in the sugar and the yoghurt.
4. Gradually mix in the milk until you have a soft dough that is not too wet.
5. Shape the dough into a rectangle or circle and cut 8 portions.
6. Place the portions on a lightly floured baking tray.
7. Bake at 220 degrees C. for 10 minutes or until a pale golden colour.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...