Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apple Cheddar Beef Burgers



I think its about time for another meal recipe and yes I know that I have already posted a burger recipe but that was chicken and this is beef so in my mind not the same. And besides homemade burgers are so easy and tasty and I think the warmer days are putting me into a BBQ kind of mood.

This is the almagamation of a few recipes with my own ideas but it worked out really well. I serves them with some beer soaked Kumara (sweet potato) fries. I don't know if they quite worked out properly so I think I'll give them another go before making up my mind.

Ingredients
500g beef mince
1/2 cup grated green apple (about 1 apple)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp rolled oats or bread crumbs
salt and pepper

1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
2. Shape into 4-5 patties depending on how big you want them.
3. Cook them in a pan or on a BBQ plate for 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
4. Serve in a toasted burger bun with lettuce, tomato, avocado, tomato sauace/ketchup and some more mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...