Monday, September 19, 2011
Flower Egg Toast
I havn't had the chance to post in over a week as I have been so busy!! I am still really busy so today's post is just a quick wee recipe that makes a great breakfast, lunch or snack.
Serves 1 ( The amount depends on how hungry you are)
1-2 pieces grainy toast
Tbsp favourite chutney
Handful baby spinach leaves
1. Using a flower shaped cookie cutter (or whatever shape you have, or just cut a circle), cut a shape into the middle of your bread.
2. Spray the bread with cooking spray and then place in a heated pan.
3. Carefully break the egg into the hole in the bread.
4. Cook over a low heat until the edges and bottom are set and the middle is starting to cook, about 5 minutes.
5. Carefully flip the bread over and cook for about 30 seconds, until egg is completely cooked.
6. Serve on top of baby spinach with the chutney.