Sunday, September 11, 2011
Deliciously Decadent Brownies
Since the last post was healthy and nutrious for your body I thought I could get away with posting this amazing recipe that is in no way nutritious for your body but definitely is for your soul. I was recently asked by someone to make them brownies for their birthday. I knew that they had to be amazing so i started trawling the internet looking for a recipe. The key for good brownies is butter, sugar, chocolate and a lot of it. I found this amazing recipe on Brown Eyed Baker and was sold by the picture.
I love food, especially fudgy yummy brownies! The trick with food like this is to sit down and really appreciate its chocolately goodness. This is not the sort of food I want to see you scoffing on the run!!
Makes 16 brownies
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
170g dark chocolate chopped (I used 70%)
170g butter, chopped into approx. 12 pieces
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
3. Whisk together the flour and salt.
4. Put the chocolate into heatproof bowl and sit the bowl over a pot of gently simmering water.
5. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add the butter.
7. Stir the mixture until the butter is melted (a few little bits don't matter)
8. With an electric beater or mixer beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes.
9. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and beat until just combined.
10. Fold in the dry ingredients.
11. Pour the batter into the pan and even out the mixture.
12. Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is dry and cracked and a skewer comes out clean. (Keep a close eye on it after 40 minutes as you don't want to overcook it).
13. Leave the brownies to cool to room temperature, then cut into 16 squares.