And then I made yummy burgers
2 Tbsps onion, finely chopped
4 Tbsps bread crumbs
3 Tbsps rolled oats
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 dashes of worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
500g beef mince
1 egg, beaten
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. With wet hands shape the mixture into 4 patties.
3. Cook the patties in a pan or on a grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes each side.
Ingredients- Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 Tbsps Brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp vinegar
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp cornflour
1 Tbsp water
1. Combine the pineapple, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, vinegar and oil, and puree until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble.
3. In a small bowl mix the cornflour and water until smooth.
4. Add this mixture to the sauce and stir until well combined.
5. Continue stirring the sauce until it is thick.
1 mango diced (or tinned mango)
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 red capsicum, chopped small
1/4 cup red onion, diced very finely
1 Tbsp chopped coriander
2 Tbsps Lime juice
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least ten minutes.
To make the burgers, toast the buns and spread with a little mayonnaise. Layer lettuce, tomato and the pattie. Top with the Teriyaki sauce and enjoy.