Monday, May 5, 2014

Vegetable Stack


Oh my goodness, I am sorry it has been so long! I did intend on posting this in the weekend, but unfortunately study got in the way as it does too often now. I am currently sitting in my room at Sky City Hotel writing this on an iPad so I will keep it quite short and sweet.

This recipe was inspired by my post the other week about trying to eat around 10 fruits and vegetables a day. Having this for lunch certainly helped as it is packed full of delicious, nutritious vegetables. The nature of vegetable stacks is that you just use whatever you have readily available, so please don't take my ingredients as gospel and feel free to experiment.

Ingredients
5-6 cups leftover roast vegetables, sliced into 1 cm slices (I used potato, parsnip and carrot)
2 medium zuchinni, sliced into long thin strips
1 medium eggplant sliced into 5 mm thick rounds
500g cottage cheese
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Sea salt

Lay the eggplant and zuchinni strips out flat and sprinkle with some sea salt. Leave to sit for at least half an hour to draw the moisture out.

Layer half of the vegetables in a casserole dish, I used a lasagne one. Spread over half of the tomatoes and half the cottage cheese. Continue with the rest of the vegetables, tomatoes and cottage cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.

Bake at 180 degrees C. For 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly. Leave to cool slightly before slicing, or if having for lunch, leave to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...