Sunday, June 17, 2012
This is a recipe that could be considered a companion recipe to my Creamy Chicken and Leek Casserole. That is because this is a great way to use up the Philadelphia Cream for Cooking that will be left over.
I have no idea whether or not this a a proper creamed spinach, but it contains spinach, is creamy and tasted pretty good. Fresh spinach is the best but frozen spinach can be used.
Bunch fresh spinach
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
1/4 cup cream for cooking
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pan melt the butter over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and fry until golden and fragrant.
3. Add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes until wilted.
4. Fold through the cream and cook until warmed through.
5. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper.