Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Satay Pizza


A few weekends ago a couple of things came together to make this pizza.
 #1 My Mum had gotten me a pizza stone for easter that I hadn't yet had the chance to use
 #2 I had some leftover pork from spare ribs that needed used
 #3 I was looking for a tasty lunch to make

Voila! I came up with this delicious pizza. Both hungry male and I loved it! I used pork, but it would go equally as well with leftover chicken, beef, lamb or anything really. I added broccolli to my half to ad some texture and some green, however, hungry male being the green-o-phobe that he is just had his without.

Ingredients
1 large pizza base (Store bought or use your favourite recipe)
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 Cup leftover cooked meat, shredded
1/4 head broccoli chopped into very small florets
1/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup grated cheese
Cashew or peanuts to garnish

1. In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce with enough hot water to make a spreadable sauce.
2. Spread the satay sauce over the pizza base.
3. Sprinkle the pizza base with the meat, broccoli and cranberries.
4. Finally, sprinkle the cheese over everything.
5. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden and the base is cooked to your liking.
6. Serve garnished with peanuts or cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...