Saturday, March 31, 2012
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
In fact, you don't have to be sick to enjoy this, I have been loving having my leftovers all week even though I am now better.
Quick, easy and tasty.
3 small skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1.5 Litres water
400g tin creamed corn
Large handful mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
1. Place the chicken thighs in the water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, grate the carrot and zucchini.
4. Remove the chicken from water and add in the herbs and grated vegetables.
5. Simmer for around 5 minutes.
6. Shred the chicken off the bone.
7. Stir in the creamed corn and chicken and cook until heated through.