Sunday, January 8, 2012

Easy Enchiladas


A while ago I looked through all of my recipe books and came up with a list of 200 recipes that I wanted to make out of them. Well, over the last few months with all of the Christmas recipes I have been making the list had kind of been put on the back burner. No longer! From this week onwards I will be trying to make at least 1 recipe a week off my list.

Anyway on to the recipe. I have just moved in to a new flat so easy, quick and cheap food are the kind of foods that I love! This recipe ticks all of the boxes. Another bonus is that it is a meat-free meal that the boyfriend loves and doesn't notice the lack of meat.

Ingredients
6 tortillas ( I use wholemeal or multigrain)
1 tin red kidney beans, drained
1 tin chilli beans
1 carrot, grated
1 tin tomatoes
3/4 cup grated cheese

1. Place the red kidney beans in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
2. Stir in the chilli beans and the grated carrot.
3. Place 1/6 of the mixture on the centre of a tortilla.
4. Fold up the ends and roll into a cylinder.
5. Place the enchilda join side down in a baking dish.
6. Repeat with the other 5 tortillas, placing them close together in the baking dish.
7. Pour the tin of tomatoes over the enchildas and top with the grated cheese.
8. Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...