Monday, December 19, 2011
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
I discovered Reeses Peanut Butter Cups about 5 years ago and ever since then they have been my favourite treat. It used to be that they were only available in Dunedin in the specialist sweet stores but luckily for me they can now be found in quite a lot of places.
As you may have picked up this blog is featuring quite a lot of Nigella's christmas recipes. This is for 2 reasons. Number 1, Nigella's Christmas Kitchen is playing on TV at the moment and reason 2, Nigella just makes amazing food, especially featuring chocolate.
When I saw Nigella's version of Peanut Butter Cups I knew that this was a recipe that I had to make and because they turned out so well, I am sharing the recipe with you. (I have even memorised the recipe)
50g butter, softened
200g smooth peanut butter (No sugar added)
50g brown sugar
200g icing sugar
100g dark chocolate
200g milk chocolate
48 petit four cases
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor.
2. Blend until the mixture is well combined.
3. Place the petit four cases into a mini muffin pan or onto a tray.
4. Take teaspoons of mixture and roll then into a ball.
5. Place each ball in a petit four case and then press into the bottom of the case.
6. In a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water add the chocolate.
7. Without letting the water touch the bottom of the bowl, gently melt the chocolate.
8. Spoon around 3/4 tsp of melted chocolate into each petit four case.
9. Tap the muffin pan or tray to level out the chocolate.
10. Let the chocolate set for 20 minutes then store in the freezer.