Thursday, October 6, 2011
I think its time for another breakfast post, just in time to get yourself organised for the weekend. This is the perfect way to use up a banana that is going slightly mushy. Bananas never cease to amaze me with what they can do. Freeze them and blend them for 5 minutes you have soft serve. Mash them and mix them with oats you have fritters, put them in baking and you can reduce the sweetner. Yes the humble banana is definitely a favourite of mine.
From Edible Perspective
Makes 2 scrambles, I eat 2 for breakfast
6 Tbsp rolled oats
2 Tbsp ground flax seed, or bran
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp dessicated coconut
1. Mash the banana well with a fork.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together until the mixture is holding together but still very moist.
3. Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat.
4. Spoon half of the mixture into the pan and shape into a patty.
5. Cook on a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until golden.
6. Flip the patty over. It may fall apart a little but this doesn't matter just reshape it.
7. Cook for about another 2 minutes.
8. Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
9. Serve with favourite toppings such as jam, peanut butter or maple syrup.