Monday, August 29, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Baked Oats


I know what you're thinking in what kind of fantasy world do I live in where something fudgy and chocolately is a nutritious breakfast? Welcome to my beautiful world where you will find Chocolate Brownie Baked Oatmeal. Now I wish I was the one who had the genius to come up with this myself but I actually got it from Porridge and Parsnips. This recipe has become one of the favourites in our house now.

Too busy in the morning to wait for this to cook in the oven? What makes this recipe even better is that it tastes just as good made the night before then popped in the microwave to heat up. So how is it actually nutritious? The oats are a good source of fibre, some low fat calcium and protein comes from the milk, and the banana and dates that make it so fudgy give you a serving of fruit. Also this recipe has no added sugar, just good for you natural sweetners.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

(Makes 1 serving)

Ingredients
2/3 banana
40g dates
15g cocoa powder
25g peanut butter or other nut butter
35g rolled oats
55ml trim milk

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Put the banana, dates and cocoa powder in a food processor or blender.
3. Process until almost smooth ( I like a few date lumps in mine though)
4. Add the peanut butter and process for a bit longer until it is all combined.
5. In a bowl mix the chocolate date mixture the oats and the milk until well combined.
6. Pour into a greased ramekin and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...