Thursday, July 14, 2011

Did someone say doughnuts?


Last week I had a very exciting week, I bought myself some doughnut pans. I had seen a whole lot of recipes online for really yummy baked doughnuts. Now doughnut batter can just be put into muffin pans, but for me that just wasn't quite enough, I wanted the true experience. In reality, it was extremely easy to find some, I popped on trusty Trade Me and found someone selling a second hand set here in Dunedin, woohoo!!


The first set of doughnuts I made were caramel choc chip ones. I came up with this recipe by myself after looking at a few different recipes for them. Safe to say I was very happy with my $12 doughnut pan investment. The set I bought had a mini and a regular doughnut pan, so I made a combination of both. I iced a couple of the doughnuts just to try. The doughnuts themselves were sweet enough for me, but not very sweet, so for those of you who have a bit more of a sweet tooth the doughnuts would either need to be iced, or you could add a bit more sugar to the batter.

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup sugar (3/4 cup if you are not icing)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
2 Tbsps olive oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp caramel essence

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease doughnut or muffin pans.
2. In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, oil, sugar and caramel essence.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and whisk until combined.
4. Add the chocolate chips and carefully fold them into the mixture.
5. Fill the pans until they are 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Ice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...